Sunday, October 14, 2007

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans






I probably got the saying wrong, but everyone gets the gist of it, right? It is crazy how that is so true and more than ever, I feel that now. As the big 3-0 approaches this week, I feel myself having a mini crisis. Knowing that I am completely blessed and lucky, I still find myself feeling like I should be at a different place in life than I am....and it doesn't help when I feel that metabolism slowing down!!!! But enough of that, I will get over my mini crisis!!!

We went to San Diego last week and it was a wonderful trip. My mom is doing really well after her double mastectomy. She has 2 more surgeries in front of her but they are reconstructive. I must admit that it was weird to see my mom in her condition, but I feel so blessed and confident to know that things will be fine with her. My dad's surgery is scheduled for Saturday so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I am pretty worried about them getting it all because this skin cancer has already come back after radiation.

The trip to San Diego was nice despite the circumstances. Carrie flew in from Texas so the whole family was there which was so much fun. This trip really made me see how much I love my family, even if we have our imperfections as people, I am so glad to have them and just love them all!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great!!!! And happy belated birthday by the way!! I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about you and wanting to call but my phone hasn't been working. I hope everything is going well for you and your family. We're thinking about you guys and I think you look great! love, JJ

    ReplyDelete