Monday, September 15, 2008

Finally...........






Finally a new real blog post. So it has been so busy!! I am striving to find the balance between me and all the other things that pull at me in all the different directions that they pull. Going back to work has been good. We needed the structure back. Both Keiya and I need structure. I am not a structured person by nature, but I realize I need it. I am starting earlier this year in the morning so that I can get out earlier to be with Keiya. I get done at 3 which is nice and we have the rest of the day and on Fridays, I am usually done by 1 or 2. It's great to be able to get out so early, but I am tired!! We are working hard to fundraise money to go to Washington DC and New York. I have beccome the fundraising chair and field trip coordinator so I am working hard with the kids to make it happen. I am actually planning a pageant and now have becocme a "pageant director". Too funny. If anyone has any fundraising ideas, please feel free to give me ideas or if you know anyone who would be willing to donate anything :) Then, there is after work.....Keiya is now taking a dance class (too cute!) and all the other little fun things we get to do. I know everyone's lives have gotten so busy. We just live in a go, go, go society. Sometimes I really wish we could learn to slow down, or at least I wish I could find that balance between all the things that compete for my attention.....oh yeah, and then there's the wedding plans!!! I will figure it out!!! Here are some recent pictures.....


First Day of Pre-school

One of my students doing my hair at our overnight "lock-in" for fundraising

Keiya, on the ferry to Coronado Island in July

4 comments:

  1. Yay, a post! Keiya is so freakin cute. I can actually see a little of your smile in hers...so cute!

    Wow Erin, you are always so ambitious...go,go,go girl! Those kids are lucky to have such an awesome, dedicated teacher -- I hope they realize that!! And Kieya is lucky to have such a smart, funny, ambitious mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SOOOO need to call you. I want to help you with the wedding plans and I'd love to be a chaperone on your DC trip and I wanna see Keiya dance...you need to live closer. I miss you guys. I'll give you a call. We just need to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you! What a great job you are doing!! Don't get stressed out - just enjoy this wedding planning stuff. It sounds like you have plenty on your plate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is getting so big!!! I love the first picture with her accesories (bag and teddy), so cute!!

    ReplyDelete