Thursday, November 6, 2008

Is It Really Fall??

Well we thought Fall was here, but it decided to hide. I went trick or treating in a short sleeved shirt and was almost hot. URGH! One thing I don't love about it here is the weather! It is time to cool down already!! Life continues to be busy as I am sure it is for everyone. We had fun trick or treating, going to the state fair and doing other random things. The election was really exciting and I am so excited and hopeful for our new presidency! I love the message of hope of our new president. The day after the elections, a couple kids came in my classroom saying "Yes, we can!" and it was inspiring to see this generation care and be inspired themselves. Times are getting hard and I really hope our nation can come together and unite to be stronger and more stable. I don't always love everything the US does and am driven crazy by the corporate greed and over-consuming society in which we live, but I feel deeply grateful and blessed to have been born in this great nation. It is a really exciting time to be living! With that said, here are some recent pictures of how we have been living lately!
Keiya aka Ariel as we had to call her the entire night and her friend Chiquita Banana aka Kayla
I went to our ward's "Super Saturday" and made this! I was so proud!
Daddy and Keiya picking out a little pumpkin
My little poser!
Keiya and her friend D'mari with their arm paintings at the state fair






6 comments:

  1. Sheesh....wish I could send some fall your way as a trade. It is easily in the 40's at night here, and raining like a dog! ICK. I love your "family" blocks, so cute! I love seeing you type "daddy" too, makes me feel so happy for you and Keiya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have a family now! You always had a family, but it seems like you feel more complete with Harold and that makes me happy. He's such a great guy and he'll be such a good husband and father. I'm SO looking forward to your wedding in March.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful family. How are the wedding plans coming along? Are you going to be in SD for Christmas? Call me sometime....I miss ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How old and mature Keiya is! She is so cute! I love seeing your crafty side with the fun photo holders. I would never have guessed you made it! Great job. So exciting to hear everyone is excited for March. Can't wait for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Erin. Sounds like you are doing well. -Bart

    ReplyDelete