Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Reflections......






Well the last few weeks have certainly been interesting. My amazing, energetic, fiesty, inspiring grandmother of 88 passed away on Sunday, January 27th. She passed away peacefully about an hour after President Hinkley. It was a bit unexpected so I have taken it pretty hard. If you know me well, you know that I am very close to my grandparents and this loss has certainly been difficult for me. My mom also started chemo(sp?) the same week my grandma passed. I have also had some students that have lost loved ones around this time, so of course it has caused much reflection. I am so grateful for the gospel and the comfort it has given to me at this time. If you know me well, you know that "church things" haven't really come easy and my testimony has definitely struggled through the years. The experiences and trials of late have really helped me to see how there is truly a plan for us and that our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ are really there for us. I am so comforted in the fact that I know my grandma is with other loved ones and that I will be with her again. I miss her so much and I always will. Death is something that happens everyday, but it is always hard when it is someone close to you. It always makes you contemplate on life and where you are going....it has just made me focus on what is truly important....I feel so blessed...I am able to work with amazing people and kids everyday, I have a wonderfully supportive family and a wonderful man in my life and the little light of my life....my little Keiya! Oh yeah, I decided to go RED!!! What do ya think????

7 comments:

  1. Erin, I am sorry about your Grandma! I am sure it is comforting to know she is happy and at peace on the other side, but it doesn't make it easier for all of us left in this world, does it? I hope you are doing okay! I have been thinking about you a lot the last few weeks but I don't have your number anymore AGAIN. Call me or email me your number!
    Love you tons!
    Linds

    ps Love the red! I have been thinking about going red myself maybe for the big 30, not sure??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, Erin. It's only February and this year already seems to be full of losses. If you need anything, give me call.

    And I love love love the red. It makes your eyes pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry to hear about your loss. it is always hard to loose someone close to you. it is times like these that I am grateful for the gospel and the peace it brings into my life.

    As said by others, the red looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin -

    I am so sorry about your loss and the hardships that your mother is currently going through. It is never immediately obvious why our loved ones need to be taken when they are but I am sure she will continue to bless you in your life.

    I really enjoy the red! And so glad to hear that Harold is being so supportive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear the news Erin. That's too bad. I'm sorry for your loss cute friend. On a lighter note, you're smokin' with the cute new hair do. I really like it.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi girly,
    i was sorry to hear about your grandma, i know how much you used to talk to her and lean on her. that is also too bad about your mom. i hope she responds well to the chemo. let me know how it goes. i love ya and hope to see you soon
    ps. love the RED!
    jojo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Erin,

    What a crazy few weeks you have had. It's amazing how life can such send you spinning and thinking. On the same day we were focussing on Jack's first birthday - Jan. 27th - you lost your wonderful Grandma. Two very different experiences on the same day. It is wonderful to hear your testimony and see how you have a clear perspective on a heart tugging experience. I am soo impressed.

    PS - I LOVE THE RED! It makes your eyes just pop! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete