So I have two reasons that I am completely sick and tired! I will start with the positive! I am sick and tired because I have a little one starting to take over my body! I am about 6 weeks along. Honeymoon baby on the way due on December 15th! We are very excited but I feel SO nautious and SO tired. I forgot about this part! But needless to say we are so happy!
Warning the rest of this is some needed venting! I know I am hormonal and so everything is heightened but I am so frustrated with my job right now. It seems wrong to complain about a job when many people don't have one, but our school owner is seriously wacky! It is hard to go into detail because my frustration is a couple years in the making, but seriously, how does someone get so greedy? I have gone above and beyond my call of duty, even foregoing bonuses when I was promised them. Now he wants to change our work schedule next year based on a grant that he is applying for (that my principal and I have to write with no extra pay or compensation. We don't even really qualify to apply for the grant....he is trying to create a split schedule meaning we teach from 8-12 in the morning and 1-5 in the afternoon and says that our lunch break is also our teacher prep time, which is not legal. He says if we want more prep time, then it's at home. I know that many teachers have to do work at home, but they also get a real prep period. How can school be justified for only four periods a day? I could go on and on. I am just frustrated with our society too! Our society doesn't work around working mothers at all! I wish I could stay home, but it's just not a possibility at this point. Well thanks for reading this if you did! I seriously just needed to vent!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am so excited for the both of you! Keiya is going to be a great big sister. Sorry about the sickness... hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteI agree... my friend and I have discussed how hard it is for us working mom's. We have to do WAY too much... and always be happy too?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That is very exciting news. Way to get down to business on the honeymoon!
ReplyDeleteAs for your work woes, I don't know how your school owner hasn't realized yet how crappy teaching can be for teachers, especially once you pile on extra non-teaching work. It's not right. And don't get me started on employers who like to ignore labor laws...
Vent rightfully earned, and well put. Hope the hormones calm down, at least occasionally.
Sounds like he's up to his shenanigans again. hang in there.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your boss and his crappy ideas!! Some people just SUCK, and it sounds like he is leading the sucky people pack right now!! It doesn't sound like he will be able to get any of this illegal stuff passed, so don't worry yourself too much with it! And, if he gets too out of line, just remind him that it's not smart to mess with a pregnant woman...SERIOUSLY, NOT smart!! :)
ReplyDeletesorry work sucks, but more importantly congratulations!! it seems like a bunch of the penthouse girls have been busy lately. all our little ones can live at park place together someday!!!!! hooray for babies. congrats!!
ReplyDeleteSeriously so sorry about work but so excited to hear about the newest Horn.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Carrie told me you were pregnant. You must be so thrilled! And a honeymoon baby just sounds SO romantic.
ReplyDelete